Back when he was just three weeks old, Jake the dog got caught in a house fire. The ordeal didn’t kill him, but he was left with burns covering 75% of his body. At the time of the misfortune, Jake had a long road to travel just to get back to normal.
Now, not even a year later, Jake’s not only recovered completely but taken on a new position alongside the very firefighters that saved him.
Stationed with the Hanahan Fire Department in South Carolina, he’s serving alongside William Lindler, a firefighter who, after smelling smoke in his neighbor’s house, got his gear, broke in, and saved Jake from an accidental blaze.
Lindler spent 10 minutes in the building before finding Jake, risking his own life while Jake suffered burns from the fire.
Sadly, Jake’s family had to abandon him at the vet since they weren’t able to cover the medical bills. Lindler stepped up to adopt Jake when he heard that news.
“He was on morphine for the pain and received daily medicated baths for about five weeks,” said Lindler.
Since the adoption, it seems like things have gone great for both Jake and William.
Take a look:
See more on Linder’s Facebook page.