Internships are a great way to get your foot in the door right out of school and learn what the working world is all about. This is exponentially more true when you find out about internships that pay you to drink beer. For months.
World of Beer is seeking some dedicated interns who can handle the rigorous task of traveling the world, drinking and eating, then writing about it. Your mission, should you choose to accept it, includes the following;
- Learn all you can about beer!
- Try new things
- Write blog entries, take photos and video, Tweet, Vine, Instagram, Facebook, or all of the above
- Travel to domestic and international locations to meet brewers and attend beer festivals
- Be on camera and share your story with WOB fans across the country
- Have an AWESOME time trying AMAZING BEER in ENVY WORTHY locations
It’s not often a job description includes exclamation points. So what kind of person do they need to do this job?
- People who are all about exploring and sharing their experience with their friends
- Social media nuts who are always snapping photos of beer and food to share on social media
- People who are passionate about beer and always looking to learn more
- Creative types like photographers, bloggers, videographers, or simply really awesome Tweeters
- Friendly folk who love meeting new people, sharing stories with strangers, and catching up over a beer
- Outgoing personalities who can talk to anyone and carry the conversation
- Travelers who love to hit the road every chance they get
All of that is a little vague. Basically you need to like beer and be able to stay sober enough to take pics of it with your phone. You also have to be a US citizen of legal drinking age.
The position pays $12,000 for four months, and that’s on top of the beer, food and hotels that they also pay for. Doesn’t seem to be much of a downside to this internship, and the application process is as easy as making a one minute video that demonstrates your love of beer. Check out World of Beer to apply and if you get the job, maybe invite us out for free drinks one night.